MKS (Makerbase) are manufacturers of 3D Printer controller board also know as mainboards that run Marlin, Repetier and other firmware for 3D Printers. The MKS Gen V1.4 is an 8-bit control board for your 3d printer with an Atmel Mega 2560 micro controller.
Check out this article and read all about the board: http://3daddict.com/mks-gen-v1-4-mainboard-controller/
MKS Gen V1.4
The MKS Gen V1.4 has been designed from the RAMPS 1.4 Board Schematics which makes it a nice choice for users that are familiar with that setup.
- Mega 2560 and ramps1.4 set on a board, to solve complicated Ramps1.4 combination of interfaces, the problem of failure prone.
- Replace the motor drive, drive and support 4988 8825 drive.
- The circuit board with high-quality 4-layer, heat and made a special optimization; ramps are 2 shelves.
- Using high-quality MOSFET, and better heat dissipation.
- Using a dedicated power chip, support 12V-24V power input, the voltage converter chip to solve the heat problem Ramps.